Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Realities of College

When I was in high school and people said, College is the best! I thought, yeah right. And when I started school last year I was still thinking, yeah right. But I had a moment of decision last year and I decided to love the moment and since then I can say that right now, for me, college is the best! It's just what I'm supposed to be doing and I am loving it!

College: The Realities of It

Roommates:
People say that roommates make or break your experience. I say, yep. And I've been so blessed to have the roommates that MAKE my experience. Last year I lived with 5 girls I had never met before. It was a leap into the unknown and I was so lucky to get 5 of the best girls I have ever met! And then this year, I moved in with people that I knew before the year started, and I have been lucky again to live with 7 of the best girls I have ever met! I live upstairs with Mary, Brittanie, and Kendahl, and downstairs is Eden, Claire, Hanna, and Brodie. I'm so lucky! Roommates make the experience!
My roommates minus Hanna.

Housing:
Last year I lived in the Ritz! The new Heritage Buildings are insanely nice! They are like living in a motel. New bed that I no one had ever slept in (gave me comfort to know that nobody had peed on my mattress!), and granite counter tops, and stone showers. It was just really nice. Then on the other side of town my sister lived in a little basement and it was small and old. I loved going over there though, but I remember my Brother in Law Tony said that he liked the tiny old house better than my apartment because it was more collegy. So, last year when I was house hunting, I was looking for something a little less nice, but a little better than what Livi was in, just so I could have Tony's approval. I think I will get it when he comes and visits. I live in the greatest little house! It's so cute and has just enough space for us and it does feel so collegy and I just love it! 
 Our Living Room
 Our American Flag, and the plants, going clockwise: B-Dog, Serendipity, Quan-Tree-Tree.
 Our Kitchen (Duh, Capatin Obvious Tess, It's not the garage.)




Finances:
There is a song that I like and every time it comes on I think--this is me! This is my song. So, I'll share it with you. Just substitute "playin' at the bar tonight" with "cleanin' toilets and sellin' plasma." 
I try really hard to be independent and I have a job and do my best, but sometime I might have to take out a loan, but one day... One day I'll send money to my parents!

Grades:
Who needs 'em? I guess we all do. It's good to have a test of some kind to see if I'm learning and really taking advantage of my opportunity to be at school. I know I'm learning, but I wish that my teachers would just give up all their extra time and just have a one-on-one chat with everyone and just ask them what they've learned. That way, I don't have to give up my time to cram study and stress about tests. Haha. I really do enjoy my classes and I am learning a lot. I need to learn to not stress and just roll with life. But I like going to class and telling people the stuff I learn when it's interesting to me! School is cool and learning is great! 

Food:
I eat pretty good. My mom and I made some super great and delicious freezer meals! And I eat those and I eat some fruit and some yogurt. I am about out of fruit and I am out of yogurt, so because of the financial situation spoken of above, I get to eat dinner stuff for breakfast. But, don't think that it's sad to me. I actually LOVE eating dinner for breakfast! But the other night, my wifey points tanked! I was trying to do something nice and make dinner for Mary. I got a freezer meal out and was ready to eat it, but the meal called for rice. I have rice and I was gonna cook it. I've only ever used a rice cooker, but I really thought I could cook it on the stove. So, I tried and I burned it brown. I was thinking that I could NOT feed it to someone else, and I should just never try and do something nice again. But, I didn't give up. I saved the rice that wasn't scorched to the bottom and then scraped the pot and tried again. Again.. I burned it. Whatever. We ate it and we lived. That's just the reality of food. Crunchy rice--it's okay.
My rice pan, after I cleaned it a little bit.

So, there are some ins and outs of college life! It's so great and I love it and I love being alive and just life is good! Provo is good, my American Flag out front is good, my plants, Quan-Tree-Tree, Serendipity, and my nephew plant B-Dog are all good, and my ward is fun, and my roommates rock and bodies are cool, and Student Alumni Take a Cougar to Lunch is great! Just smile and have a good day! :)

3 comments: