Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2014

What a Blessed Girl

You guys, I am such a lucky girl. I feel so blessed to have grown up where I have and to be in Provo living the life that I am living. I am just trying to be happy all the time and spread my happiness. I hope in the future people remember my excitement for life and my happy attitude! So, I gotta try every day to live that way! 

The Prophet and his counselors. 

But this week I have been feeling especially lucky to be living this life. Why? I have seen 8 apostles in 5 days and I even got to shake one's hand. What a blessing to have been in the presence of the Apostles of the Lord in real person. On Tuesday we had the inauguration of BYU's new president and at the meeting was the First Presidency and Elder Holland, Elder Nelson, and Elder Oaks. I saw the Prophet and Elder Eyring spoke to us! How lucky! It was an awesome spirit and I was giddy like a school girl to see them walk in and to be in the same room as them. President Monson is a true prophet today that leads us. I know it. And after the meeting I was getting my ROC pass and Elder Holland and Elder Oaks walked right by me and I was just speechless. What a blessing to be so close to incredible men.

Today we had a HUGE regional conference and Elder Nelson and Elder Scott spoke to us. Again, how lucky am I? Elder Scott gave an incredible talk that I needed to hear about prayer and God's love for me. And Elder Nelson gave us an incredible blessing. They carry the Spirit so much. And at the conference we had the Relief Society General President Sister Stephens speak to us. The leaders of the Church really are inspired! 

Tonight was the CES Devotional in the Marriott Center and Elder Christofferson spoke to us. That's 8 apostles. And after the Devotional, Elder Christofferson made a special visit to our stake and I shook his hand! It was incredible! I felt like such a lucky kid! 

And lastly, I am so lucky growing up in Cokeville because I was blessed to see Elder Perry fairly often. I have only recently come to see just how lucky it is that I have had that chance--that I have shaken his hand more than once. It happened so often growing up that I took it for granted and now I'm getting more grown up and really seeing and feeling just how lucky of a kid I am. I am so blessed to have been in the presence of an Apostle of the Lord so many times in my life. To actually talk to one. I will always remember the time last fall when I was at a football game at home. I was sitting by Sister Perry, talking about school, and Elder Perry asked me how my grades were! Good thing it was only the third week of school! haha. But I treasure that moment when an Apostle spoke to me. I really just feel like such a lucky kid! I know that these men are called of God and I know that when they speak, they are teaching me what God needs me to hear. I am so thankful to live this life and for the opportunities that I have! :) 

 The Quorum of the 12 Apostles

No comments:

Post a Comment