Pages

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Books and Domestication

This week I found myself in a strange predicament. I didn't have any homework to do. And it was only Wednesday. I texted a friend to see what she was up to and of course told me homework. I was wondering how in the world I was going to use my time. Luckily Wednesday morning I had a desire to check out a book from the library. I LOVE reading. And I read the whole book--starting Wednesday night and finished it Saturday night. It was such a good read. It's called "Saving Grace", by Michele Paige Holmes. There was one part of the book that I really connected with. The female protagonist, Grace Thatcher, is reading in the Library and the male protagonist, Nicholas, asks her why she likes to read. She responds, 

"Well, on a day like today, when the world seems entirely dreary, one can read of other places full of sunshine and beauty and imagine himself there. Or if one's life is dull, he can immerse himself in adventure--fighting alongside the knights of the Round Table, slaying Cyclops with Odysseus, or leading an army against the traitor Macbeth... It is about enjoying." 

I do so enjoy reading and it was a great way to pass the week and weekend with little homework responsibilities. It is probably a good thing that I finished it already because I do have a test coming up and I best keep my nose to the grind stone this week. But it was so fun! 

Also, I bought all the stuff to bake bread. Mom came down on Monday and Tuesday and brought me her KitchenAid and so I put it to work! I like the process of baking bread. I like forming the loaves. And I really like the smell as it bakes! And it makes me feel so domestic! Just baking away in my shorts and t-shirt and apron with my braid falling out on both sides! The perfect picture of domestication! 




No comments:

Post a Comment