Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Kindness

About a week or so ago I went to a community assembly to hear about Rachel's Challenge. A guy came to Cokeville to tell us about it and challenge us to accept her challenge.



You can read more about it on their website, but what I took from it was that I want and need to be more kind. I just need to find the best in others and be positive. I made a goal to be kind all the time. 



Well, it wasn't very long and I did something that was really not very nice. You know how that goes, up and down. I let it bug me for quite a while. I was just sick about it and I was struggling my first week of school to focus and feel good and feel happy. So, after I let it bug me for 5 days, I decided to do something that I knew needed to be done, even though I am really not good at it. I said sorry. 
I have never really felt the affect of the word sorry like I did this time. I felt lifted and happy again. Sadly, it didn't make things go back to how they were before and I still wish I could do a do over, but I was amazed at the weight it lifted and frustrated that I hadn't apologized sooner. So, why am I telling you this and what did I learn from this? I understand that saying sorry is hard. It scares me to death. But it can just lift you up and make you feel so much better. It's not fun to feel crappy about yourself for what you've said or done and it'll be scary to apologize initially, but it'll make things better. 



I want you all to accept my challenge of saying sorry when it needs to be said. Don't let stubborn pride get in the way. Say sorry! Also, make a goal to be nice. You'll never know how far a little act of kindness will go. A smile, a hello, a handshake, a text, a call. Just something. Be kind and see what happens. I bet you'll like it! We are all works in progress, and I for sure have a LONG way to go, but it's working on it that makes us good people. 



2 comments:

  1. When I think of a nice person, I think of YOU! You are always so kind to everyone. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Olivia! You epitomize kindness Tessa! Keep up the good work:) love- Natalie Kenley

    ReplyDelete