Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

My Fabulous Weekend!

So, for the first time in my life I missed homecoming in Cokeville. I missed seeing the decorations and the football game and the volleyball game. And I missed going home and seeing my brother and sister-in law and sister and nephews and my dad. I missed watching conference in my house. I still LOVE Cokeville the same amount and I will always be a Panther, but sometimes you just have to stay where you're at. And it was a GREAT weekend!

Fist off, I had to stay and take a test Friday morning. Not exciting, but necessary to stay in this school, which I love and feel so blessed to be attending. Second off, Football game Friday night! Super bummer for the Cougars. So now you're wondering how in the world this could be a great weekend. Let me show you and tell you! On my way to the game, unplanned, I ran into my cousin Joey and my friend Dillan, who's down from Alaska! It was crazy! I was with my roommate Hanna, so we didn't stay and chat long, but it was good to see people that I know!

Then I got to meet Hanna's brother! I love meeting my roommates families!


During the 4th quarter, sad football fans started trickling out, so Hanna went and sat with her brother and I went and found my Aunt and Uncle and Cousin Jason. I love them, even though Jason's an Aggie.

Saturday morning, woke up and ran with my friend Ben. I made him run slow and he probably wishes he would have gone by himself, but oh well. And then we had conference breakfast at my house with a few friends! It was delicious! And then we watched conference in the comfort of our home. And a little bit back in time, after the football game Dillan called me and said, if you can find a way down to Salt Lake tomorrow, I have a ticket for you for the afternoon session. Well, of course I was gonna say yes. So I went down to conference with Dillan and Kyle and Brennan and Brennan's friend. It was a really good session, with really great people. I was for sure lucky to get to go with them! After the session, Dillan and Kyle and I went and got Philly Cheese-Steaks in City Creek! They were delicious! And then they went to Priesthood and I went to my cousin Hanna's house! Sadie and their nephew Brandon met us and we chilled and had a sleep over! So great to be with family that I love! 

Sunday morning we woke up to a great surprise of Donuts from Sandy! What an awesome dude! And we watched conference in their lovely home! Hanna is pregnant and she's lookin' super cute and her and Sandy were so nice to let me sleep there! 

Sunday Afternoon, Sadie left and I was planning on getting back to Provo with Kendahl, who was going to the afternoon session. So, I put my skirt back on and headed down to the conference center to try and bum a ticket. While I was standin' out there holding up my one finger, Kendahl walked by and she happened to have an extra ticket for me! I got to quit bummin' a ticket. And I got into conference again, with friends. I was just surrounded by great people all weekend. Lucky me! 


And my take away from Conference:

        I will sustain and support the Prophet of God because I know that He is indeed called of God and speaks the word of God. 
        I learned again that little choices that I make can and do affect a lot of people. I pray that I will have the strength and be spiritually in-tune to make the right choices.
        I felt again the importance of being Kind. I want to always be kind. 
        I'm going to prepare now, by making personal habits of prayer and scripture study, so that in the future I can be a good mom. I want to be a good mom! I want my kids to love me and I want them to be happy and I want to know that I did all I could for them in the Gospel. 

It was a great weekend! Great people: Roommates, Cousins, Friends clear from Alaska, the Prophet, The Apostles. Just awesome! I love my life! 




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! I love your life too!! We need to get down there sometime and see you. Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun weekend! I'm glad it all turned out so great! I miss you and I love you!

    ReplyDelete