Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Deposits in my Experience Bank Account

I went on two trips in the last two weeks. One thing about not being with my own family, but surrounded by other family, is that I get to go to everyone's family vacations! First I went to Seldovia with the Willardson's and the Victor's! We had so much fun! 

 This is in the town of Seldovia. Sweet! 

 The Tadie America! Vesselin' like champs!

 The Beauty of the World (Off the front porch of the cabin, looking out to the Pacific Ocean)
 This is a really cool key hole and a really cool family that I love!

Then I came home and went to work for only two days and then took off with the Kenley's for a GREAT time at Lake Louise! It was a full cabin and it was seriously so fun! I wrestled with the boys for like 2 hours straight and it was a blast! I try to make them pretend that they're my nieces and nephews and get hugs from them, and some of them will, but not the older ones like Dane and Andy and Ty. Oh well, I can beat 'em up good and we all have a good time! And on the trip we played at the beach the whole time and went on CRAZY tube rides! It really was just the funnest 4th of July! 

 Hot Dogs on the beach to celebrate America!
 Cute Kader Mader the Frankenhead! 
The other Beauty of the Earth! (From the front porch of the cabin looking out on Lake Louise)

Sometimes in life I get a little bit stuck on counting the money as it comes in and worrying about making enough to make ends meet. I've been this way since I was just a little girl selling bread in 7th grade. Then I took off about a whole week of work for these two trips and I was running with Lila, worrying and such, and she reminded me about the other Bank Account that I'm building this summer. That's my bank account of Experience. I am here in Alaska to make money, but I'm in Alaska to live with my aging grandparents before it's too late and I'm in Alaska to get to know my Willardson cousins and my Victor cousins better. And I'm in Alaska to get to know my Kenley cousins and have fun with all of these cousins that before this summer, I didn't really know that well. Someday, the money might all run out, or I might have so much that 3 days of missed work won't matter (I hope the latter--haha), but the memories and the deposits of experience that I am making, will never disappear. I'll have those things for forever and I'll be able to share all these memories with everyone! It's important to make money and make the ends meet, and I'm totally going to be able to do that here, but its' important to not get stuck in that, and realize that other things are important too! Family is the best and while I was on these two trips, every prayer I said was a prayer of thanks for the life that I've been blessed with, the opportunities that I have here this summer, and the family that I've been given for eternity!  What a great two weeks and a great lesson for me to learn! 


No comments:

Post a Comment