Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

My Dream House

  Sometimes on Saturdays it is just fun to waste a little time. So, what does a 19 year old girl do to waste time? Normally one would sit on facebook, but I have been on a facebook diet this week... mostly I just cut myself off for a week, and it's been quite helpful in my productivity. However, Saturday led me to Google Images and my dream house was built!
  Picture this house out of town on a piece of land. I want a beautiful front yard with trees and stuff and grass for me to mow! And the back yard I want a pretty big lawn for a ways and then a field where I will strategically place dirt hills and cool stuff for my kids to find and explore! I will have 2 cats probably to take care of the field mice and stuff. It will be the best yard for kids EVER! 

  Now follow me inside:
  Imagine walking in through my front door and seeing the shiny hard wood floor and the beautiful, big, wooden stairway in the entry and the living room off o the right! (Sigh) This is a rough floor plan that I like. I would probably make this downstairs master bedroom a little bit smaller and extend the kitchen into it a little and find a place to have a mud room in the back and a garage in back. And I'll have big windows in my kitchen so that I can see my kids playing in the field! 
 This is my upstairs. I'll probably have bunk beds or another room or something. Not really sure. We'll see how big of a family I get. And you're wondering, why is there a master bedroom upstairs and one downstairs? Well, because. When I have little kids I want to be able to be upstairs with them in case they need me in the night and I don't want to go up the stairs infinity times. And then when my parents or his parents come to visit, they can sleep in the downstairs bedroom and not be so disturbed by my kids. Then when I'm old and can't make it up the stairs, I'll move down to the other master bedroom and when my kids come and bring the grandkids, they can occupy the rooms upstairs and I won't be so disturbed by their kids! Smart! 

  My basement doesn't have a picture, but I want a basement that is a PARTY! I'm going to have a BIG open room for games and balloon volleyball and throwing balls and stuff. Then on the end of the big room, I'll have two smaller rooms. One will be a TV Den area so that when we're down there playing games and we don't break the TV! And the other room will be a wrestling room so that when my boys are hating each other I can just send them to the wall to wall padded room and they can figure it out! On the other end of the game room I will have a big cold storage room! Preparedness is key! 

  And now look at my decorations:
  My front door style. I love the double doors that are barely bigger than a single door! I saw them in Nauvoo and fell in LOVE! So I'm gonna have one!


  A living room something like these.


  A Dining room like one of these! 


  And wallpaper like these! I love them! I think wallpaper is the best! 

Okay, okay. You're all thinking, "Hey lady! You don't have money and you'll have kids someday and this house is so not practical and the decorations and trinkets are going to be the WORST with little kids!" Well, I already know that and I know that this house is probably only ever going to be in my mind and on this blog. So don't bother telling me all those things. I already know. But just see the beauty and how AWESOME it would be to have this house! I would love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment