Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

TOU

  Call me crazy or whatever you want folks... I am officially registered for the Top of Utah Half Marathon on August 23rd. To all of those who thought I'd never run that far by my own free will and actually pay money for it, well I never thought I would either. But, when something is taken away from you, it makes your desire to do that so much stronger!
  When I tore my ACL I couldn't run for a while. During this time of me not running, I went to the TOU Half to watch Holly Voges run across the finish line. Watching all of those runners of all different shapes and sizes cross the finish line of a 13.1 mile run was so inspiring! I thought to myself, I can do this! And in my mind right then I decided that I was going to run it next year.

  So last night I got online and registered and paid and now I'm in it. I have to do it. I am determined to stay fit and to finish the race that I promised myself to do. Now that I can run again, I sometimes think, you don't really want to run this half marathon. But I promised. And today in Relief Society we had a quote on the board that said, "Character is following through with a worthy decision after the emotion of making the decision has already passed." This race will build my character and keep me fit and I actually am excited to do it! All encouraging quotes and thoughts and ideas for good songs to run and train to are very welcome! 
  I'm crazy and it's exciting! What a life! :)

3 comments:

  1. You're the bomb! Seriously though, what a great goal! I'll be sure to send some positive juices your way every now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Tess! So glad you decided that it's not so bad. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I totally understand the not being able to do something and realize how much you wish you could. I can't tell you how many times I've sat here thinking, man I sure wish I could go for a run, when obviously I can't. I actually signed up for the TOU before I was not longer able to do it. It was a bummer. So I'm wishing you the very best of luck. Yes, you are crazy, but it's a crazy I admire! :)

    ReplyDelete