Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

6 Months!!

Hello friends! It's been 6 months, today, since I had ACL surgery. It's crazy how something like that makes you thankful for a LOT!!! I am so thankful for good health, smart doctors, cool therapists, and little victories! If you know me, you know that I didn't like running that much. I loved doing the hurdles (the things that ended up putting me out of commission) but running without fences wasn't really my cup of tea. However, through the last 6 months I have found myself yearning to run! Well, since I've come to college, I have re-learned how to run! I am so excited! I run a lot slower than I used to and I get that throw-up feeling a lot faster, but it feels SO GOOD!! Yay for little victories! 

Here's a picture play-by-play of the whole ordeal. 

 Notice how you can't tell my thigh from my knee from my calf. Weird right?
 Isn't it a beaut? And do you see that bruise on the shin? Keep that in mind.
 The joy of crutches!
 The knee brace made me a lot less coordinated... That's what I blamed my bowling game on. Now I don't have anything to justify my 70's.
 My knee at 6 months! Beautiful scar, no swelling, and a bruise on my shin... still. Also, my right leg is still a whole inch smaller than my left leg, and a lot softer. I'm still workin', but I'm a lot stronger now! 
And my cool new running shoes to start me off right! 


So folks, remember to keep your body healthy, thank your awesome doctors, and thank your Heavenly Father for blessing you with your body!

4 comments:

  1. You're so great! I almost started crying reading this and it isn't even sentimental?! I'm a loser. You're such an inspiration. You've had such a great attitude and I've learned so much from you and gained even more respect for you. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've definitely learned to be grateful for the little things our bodies can do that we take for granted sometimes. I too am grateful for doctors and others in that profession who have taken time to learn the skills needed to help different ailments. Congrats on your accomplishments. You'll be running a marathon in no time. Thanks for this post. I needed this reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for healthy bodies! I hope your recovery continues to go well. Maybe we'll run a half together someday??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I plan on running one next summer. The Logan one right before my school starts! Are you up for it?

      Delete