Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

One Healthy Habit for Another

Today I'm just going to tell you a story. One day our family went somewhere, not sure where, but we got home sorta late. As soon as we got home I found our ancient Gameboy and started playing our only game, Tetris! I was about through Level 1 when Mom asked if anyone wanted Raspberry shakes. Well, who doesn't want raspberry shakes, right? So, being the extremely talented multi-tasker that I am, I answered in the affirmative while still playing my game of Tetris. A couple minutes later, mom brought a shake out to me. I was totally engaged in my game, seeing that I was now on Level 7. She set it beside me on the lamp stand and I think I mumbled "thank you" or probably "thanks" because that's shorter, and I continued to play the Gameboy. Now that I had the shake in my peripheral vision, it was a little bit harder to concentrate on my game. I kept thinking, "You're milk shake is melting." And then the other side of my brain would say, "But I'm playing Tetris!" My brain would answer back, "But there's ice cream. You love it!" And the other side of my brain says, "Yeah, but I love Tetris too!" Finally the ice cream side of my brain won out and I said out loud, in my subconscious, "Tessa. Put down the Gameboy and eat your stinkin' ice cream." I hadn't realized I'd spoken out loud until Olivia, from across the room laughed and said, "Wow. That's one healthy habit for another!" 
That's all I've got today. I hope you enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty funny. I'm really not a Gameboy addict, but sometimes I am. And I do love Ice Cream! Especially fresh raspberry shakes made by my mom! 

Have a Good Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment