Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

My Uncle David and Aunt Sally

My Uncle David and my Aunt Sally are wonderful people. I love them. They have taught me so much as I have spent many nights sitting around their kitchen table chatting and laughing and learning good life lessons. My Uncle David passed away yesterday. I know he loves my Aunt Sally SO much. He protected her and took care of her and most of all he loved her forever and ever! I could see it in the way that he looked at her. He wasn't going to let anyone or anything hurt her.

And my Aunt Sally was the same for Uncle David. She protected him and took care of him and most of all loved him forever and ever! She has been a solid strong rock through the whole thing and I am so impressed with her and inspired by her. She loves her husband and her family and her nieces and nephews. I have seen her loving all of us. She's amazing.

I am really sad that Uncle David isn't physically with us, but I know that he is still with us all. His example lives on forever. I remember one day I was out at there house and I don't know where my cousins were, but I remember that Uncle David and I were in the kitchen and he asked me if I had ever baked a cake. I told that I hadn't. He was shocked! He told me that once a girl bakes a cake she becomes more beautiful. He said that's why his girls were all so pretty! So, I baked a cake that afternoon with him coaching me. I don't know if it worked, but it was a fun afternoon with Uncle David. Another time, we were out at Cousin Ice Cream and we were all sitting around the table. He started talking to us about the importance of a name and that having the name of "Teichert" was a big deal. He taught me to always honor and respect my last name and to do it justice. And a funny story from Cousin Ice Cream. It was Coach Nate's birthday and so Uncle David thought it would be a good idea to call him and sing happy birthday! So Aunt Sally dialed up and when the phone was answered we asked for Coach Nate. Well, when he got the phone she said Hi and then went to turn on the speaker phone. Instead she hung up on him. We laughed so hard! Then we were really embarrassed when she called him back and we all had to say our names into the phone. But Uncle David was always good for laughing!

Uncle David loved it at Christmas Eve when Olivia and I made our debut as Christmas singers. It inspired us to do it again and again. He loved it! I have had a lot of great times with my Uncle David. He's a good good man. He was always serving and finding ways to help. He could make anyone smile and laugh. He was a great dad and a great grandpa and a great uncle and I'm gonna miss him like crazy! I love him and my Aunt Sally and their kids. I know that because of our Savior Jesus Christ, we'll all get to see Uncle David again. I know that is true. I will remember David for his testimony and his laugh and his hugs and his smile. I love him.

(I got the pictures from other people. I hope that's okay.)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful tribute! David & Sally blessed so many of us with their wonderful examples. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete