Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

I'm the Worst at Coming Up with Catchy Titles.

Folks, when I'm just bloggin' about life and not about something extra special, I just can't come up with a good title. Minus, my life actually is extra special, so I should come up with a title. But, I'm busy living my special life and don't have time to come up with a creative blog title. Sorry. Forgive me please and read anyway?! 

Alaska is still wonderful. Yeah, I've gone through moments of homesickness by now. I miss my mom and dad and Livi and nieces and nephews and friends who know me and stuff like that, but I'm doing okay. I'm not homesick because I dislike it here, I just like it at home too. I wish I had a bajillion dollars so I could have a private jet and go home on the weekend or fly my parents up here for a weekend. Or I wish I could invent teleportation so that I could just show up at home one day and then back up here. I like both and this is my life and I like it. 

In the last little bit we've planted over 1000 celery plants, over 300 turnips, about 600 onions, 500 garlics and enough potatoes to feed an army. It's so cool to watch the stuff I have planted, growing and thriving. I think this gardening stuff is getting to my brain and making me my mom. It's great!! My mom's awesome! So the garden work is good. The other day I made a great fashion statement. I wore shorts and mud boots! And I know I'm acclimating to Alaskan weather because the other day it was 65 degrees and I was sweating! Silly! I do kind of miss the hot sun. I'm not getting tan. By the time the sun hits me clear down here at elevation 500 ft., the tanning qualities have dissipated. So, when ya'll see me in the fall with your gorgeous tans, don't compare arm color with me. You'll get knocked out cold! Just kidding. I'm not really that strong or that mean, but I will be grouchy. 

I've also spent some more time selling pies. We had Colony Days this last weekend and I seriously had a blast selling! It was so much fun and we sold a lot! :) And I babysat for Amy for two days this week too. I really liked that because her family reminded me of my nieces and nephews. And I miss my nieces and nephews, so I had fun babysitting them and playing with them. It was a great two days. 

For fun, well every day is fun! This weekend Sadie and Annie treated me to the movies! We went and saw the movie The Fault In Our Stars. Let me tell you, that was a good movie. And some not fun, I spoke in church today about the Constitutional Convention. I think it went well. I made it as entertaining as I could and I didn't see too many people fall asleep. I know that the Constitution was an important thing in church history, because it had to happen for the restoration to happen. I know that those founding fathers were inspired men of God and I am extremely grateful for them. God Bless America. 

I hope ya'll have a great week and try to have as much fun as me! 


 All my clothes. I've downsized a bit to be here, and not gonna lie, I miss my clothes a little, but just a little. I'm not freaky, high maintenance, obsessive or anything.
 On our way to Anchorage for the movie. For some reason the pictures that I was smiling in, just looked gross. So, meet weirdo Elvis lip! 
And the talk I prepared. I was very grateful that Bishop brought this article over for me to use. I marked it up and wrote all over it! I couldn't really do this one by the seat of my pants. I'm finally having to learn how to be a grown up. 

3 comments:

  1. I miss you too bud! I'm so glad you're loving your life up there though and having so many great experiences! I sure do love you bud! And I was only kidding about me wearing your clothes…I haven't been out of work clothes except Sundays… Something's got to change around here! haha Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! I really need to call you sometime and hear your actual voice telling me all about what you're up to! Sounds like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sending me a smile. Miss you Tessa, but I'm so glad that you are lovin' life!

    ReplyDelete