Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Talent

I knew when I decided to come here that BYU was special, but I didn't realize just how talented so many people are! I have been to quite a few events where I have just been floored by the amazing talent! Also, there is a ton of culture here that I get to see and it's great! I come from a town where there is almost no culture diversity, and I love seeing the different lives! Here are a few of the events that I've been to this year that I have absolutely LOVED!

My roommate Rachel just happens to be one of those very talented people! She sings like an ANGEL! She is in the Women's chorus! I went to the opening concert of the year and went again yesterday to the Christmas concert! The Christmas concert was phenomenal! It was all the choirs and the BYU Philharmonic Orchestra and all of them combined! Wow! 




During Homecoming week there was the BYU Spectacular with Nathan Pacheco. Mom and Dad came down and went with Livi and I to it! It had me laughing and crying! It was amazing! Music can be so powerful! That concert brought on the strongest impression of the Spirit for me since coming to college. I will go every year! Words can't explain!



One Tuesday, instead of Devotional there was the Dance Assembly! Different groups from the dance department performed and it was beautiful! Some dance is weird for me, but I can't deny the talent that all the performers have! 

BYU has a Polynesian club and they put on a Luau every year! Livi got me tickets and we went! It was so much fun! I went home right after it and signed myself up for Polynesian Dance Class for next semester! It was a blast to watch it and I'm excited to learn some! 



Last night I went to a dance show called "Christmas Around the World." Hanna and I somehow managed to score seats in the 6th row in the center! It was incredible! The show was the Folk Dance teams doing different dances from a bunch of different countries! It looked like a really fun thing to do! My favorite dance group was the ones from India! So cool! The finale was from Ukraine and it was awesome! What a great experience!




I love all the talent that is here! It makes me want to get involved with those things! Every time I go to an event like the ones I've mentioned I just get so happy and rejuvenated and I know I can keep going! 

Also, unexpected talent came out of apartment 1219 the other night at the Ward Christmas Party! Take a look at the blog below. (For some reason I couldn't get this one on here. Oh well.) 

Talent is given to us by God and we need to develop them and share them! Have a great week! And if you ever get the opportunity to come to a BYU production, Do it!! 

2 comments:

  1. There are so many talented people here, huh?! Just remember that you are just as talented, only in different ways. I'm glad you're loving all of the diversity! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those all look like amazing shows! Thanks for sharing. I totally want to come down to something with you!

    ReplyDelete