Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Laundry... A Different Perspective

Since coming to school I have only done my own laundry a few times. This is because I live close-ish to home and so when I go, I take my laundry and my mom does it for me! Love you mom! But this week I ran out of some essentials, like jeans and underwear and socks. So I had to do my own laundry on Friday. It was a great time for me to stop and think. I mostly thought about laundry. I was folding my clothes with a great sense of pride that my clothes were all the same color and size as they were when I put them in the hamper a few days ago! Good job! Hi-Five to myself! But as I was folding it, the stacks were getting higher and higher and I looked down and saw that I was fully clothed and I looked to the left and saw a closet full of clothes and when I went to put my clothes in the drawers I noticed that my shirts didn't all fit and I barely had room to put my pants away. Well, when my older siblings hear that and see this...
(My stacks of Clean Clothes)

They think, "What a spoiled little girl!" But, I just want to clear some things up about my laundry situation. I am so thankful for all of the clothes and laundry that I have! It has 2 points of significance for me. 
1. These clothes are an investment. I have warn the same clothes since 7th grade as well as a bunch of new clothes that I have collected over the years. I call clothes an investment because since coming to school I have spent $25 on clothes. That's not very much in 4 months! I have so clothes all through high school that keep me covered. So I am saving money because of all the clothes that I have!
2. My clothes are an incentive to eat right and exercise regularly. If I were to start eating a lot of junk food all the time and never work out, I would out grow my clothes. I know how much money I have spent on clothes through the years and to all of a sudden have to go and buy a whole new wardrobe to stay appropriate, I would be spending a lot of money! I don't have that kind of money. So, instead of spending a ton of money on a larger wardrobe, I just try and eat well and exercise. It works! 

So yeah, I'm thankful for the clothes that I have and that I have a LOT of clothes! It is kind of sad sometimes though when I think of the clothes I have and still have a complex about "what should I wear?" Anyways. I'm not spoiled, I just have made wise investments. 

Honestly this is a weird post. But, be thankful for your clothes and what you have, whether it's a lot of clothes or a little bit of clothes, they keep you warm and appropriate and I'm thankful for them!

2 comments:

  1. You're too good! We are blessed little girls, but seriously, all my clothes are out of style. This whole clothes from high school thing isn't working so well for me anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being "appropriate." Everybody always appreciates that in somebody's wardrobe. :)

    ReplyDelete