Pages

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Coming Home

I've been itching to write on my blog again.  I am just not sure how to gather my thoughts or what would be most helpful for me and for those of you that read my blog. So I would like to share a picture with you and a few of my thoughts on returning home from my mission.


A dear friend of mine, Hermana Guerra, drew this heart for me. She calls it The Heart of La Plata. I was blessed to serve my whole mission in the same city, La Plata, and this heart was the symbol of the city. When I asked her to draw it for me she said she would. I was not expecting her to put my face in it, but when I received this beautiful gift, I couldn't stop looking at it. Hermana Guerra put me into the heart of my mission and it will always be a symbol of accomplishment for me. 

I loved my mission. It was the hardest, best, happiest, full of tears, exciting, stressful, amazing, memorable time of my life. I don't know how to explain it, but I am so grateful that I was able to go and serve the Lord.

When I was getting close to coming home I was really anxious for coming home and nervous for how I would adjust to the "real life". Well, I think I'm doing okay. What keeps me going is just being grateful. I am grateful for my family--their support, their love, their direction. I am grateful for the prophets that give me direction and tips on how to be a successful human. I am grateful for my President for telling me to just hug pepole. I am grateful for the YSABranch in Montpelier that helps me keep reaching out and making friends and feeling like an important part of church on Sunday and during the week. 

I have nothing to be worried or nervous about as long as I just keep doing what is right. If I keep making time for scriptures and prayers and church and service. I know that as each of us just keeps hangning on, even if we don't feel like it, the Lord will help us along. He loves us and He loves me. I know that because He called me to the gratest mission of all time and is helping me LOVE every day since coming home too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment