Pages

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Back to School at CES

I have been seeing a lot of "back to school" posts from moms. Well I'm not a mom and I'm not going back to school yet but I went back to CES this last week for just an hour and I felt so grateful for the childhood that I had and the great people in Cokeville Elementary School.

As I was helping my dad do his calendar and his Friend of the Week board and SRA folders, all while listening to Christmas music it reminded me of the days when I felt like the first day of school was about as good as Christmas! I'd lay out my outfit on the top bunk like a week or two before. I had my back-pack packed and ready too long before I needed to! I LOVED school! And with teachers like Mrs. Petersen, Mrs. Ribgy, Mrs. Taylor, My Dad, Mr. Warner, Mr. Moore and Mrs. Warner, how could I not love school!

Then I went to High School and loved the social life of school and a little less the actual school part. I played sports with my friends. I did band. I was a member of National Honor Society and participated in Student Body Offices! I had relationships with my teachers that were more like friendships because I knew they just wanted the best for me. I had it so good!!

I grew up and went to BYU. I cried. But I learned to really love it too!! How? My teachers mostly don't know me. I sometimes have friends in my classes, sometimes not. I do play sports, but not with coaches. I walk or ride my bike to get my own groceries! But I have met so many influencial people in my life and I have the best friends and have learned a lot about who I am. I just really like BYU!

School is so important to me and school is so good for me. And even though I am happy in my comfort zone right here in Cokeville, I am happy to be going back in a couple of weeks. And this is where it all got started! CES--Thank You!









1 comment: