Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sophomore Year

I successfully lived through my second year of college! Actually, I didn't just live through it... I lived in it. I really felt like I embraced the college life and grew and became a better person. That's a good feeling. So, here's a list of 16 things I learned this year--1 for every year of my formal education and 1 bonus one because I'm weird about multiples of 5... I don't really like them.

1. Be present in the presence. 

2. Be "Awe"-ful.

3. Be Yourself

4. Russia and the Pacific Ocean are HUGE.

5. I have to Pray, Decide, Listen, and Obey.

6. Family makes good the best friends.

7. Sometimes we need to remember to give Peter the benefit of the doubtPeter My Brother

8. An active lifestyle is a happy lifestyle.

9. If you want adventures, YOU have to make them happen.

10. Be Grateful.

11. Chill Out!

12. It's possible to live with only $8 in the bank account.

13. Don't apologize when you have to give a talk or speech in public.

14. Heavenly Father listens and loves us.

15. The sun can burn you.

16. Nerd dancing every now and then, is cleansing to the soul.

It was a great year! I learned some scholastic things and I learned a lot of life things. I really feel like I got closer to the person I want to become. But I know that I still have a lot of work to do, so good thing I'm young and I have a lot of years ahead of me to get better. :) Life is the best and I'm glad to be living it! 

2 comments:

  1. Tess, I just love this. And you. What a great list of things to learn! That's the point of it all, I think. Learning. Can't wait to see you. We need to catch up big time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of learnin'! Let's keep on learning this summer and next year, k?!

    ReplyDelete