Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

Lent

I want to document this thing I did called Lent. Olivia and I decided to do Lent and give up desserts and goodies and fruit-snacks and granola bars with chocolate in them. We didn't eat that stuff for 40 days. Also, about one week after Lent started, we began training for a half marathon. We also recently started doing push-ups and sit ups after our runs. It's been pretty effective training for us. I don't mean to brag or anything, but through this training and eating healthy, I lost 10 pounds. I feel so much better. It's really awesome to look in the mirror and things fit better and I just feel better. I took some before and after pictures that I'm not going to post, but I really did change. I'm really excited about the change. Here's a quote that Livi sent me the other day that I really liked (please excuse the bad word).
Now the hard part, the part I'm scared for, is keeping up the healthy lifestyle now that it's not a self requirement. Because Lent is over, I can eat cookies and cake and chocolate if I want to, and I want to, but I don't want to go backwards in my progress. I don't want to find myself looking like the before pictures. The change is great, the keeping up with it... that's gonna be hard. I at least know that I can have self-control because before this whole deal, I wasn't sure I did with my eating any more. 

K... that's it. I'm just gonna do it. I'm going to stay healthy.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it!! You worked dang hard for these last 40 days, and you can keep it up. Thanks for being my partner :)

    ReplyDelete