Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Trust in the Lord

In Moroni Chapter 10, verse 3 we read,

           "Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that you would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts."

As I read the Book of Mormon I took the challenge to read it by topic. This time I read to learn how to trust more in the Lord and His timing. What a blessing it has been in my life to focus my attention on that topic. I am a bit of a controller. I like to plan my future at least a year in advance. However, sometimes my plan is not the right plan and I have to remember all the times that my plan didn't work like I wanted it too, but instead so much better because it was the Lord's plan I ended up following.

This verse asks us to ponder in our hearts how merciful the Lord has been since the beginning of time. As I do I recognize that the Lord wants to bless His children. Much of the time the inhabitants of this earth must go through hard times and trials and may wonder "where is the Lord?" In the Book of Mormon there are countless examples of this. What I saw this time as I read was that if the Lord promised to help them, or save them from their adversaries, He always came through. Maybe not at the time the people wanted, or in the way that they thought would be best, but He always kept His word, and He continues to keep his word always.

I know that the Lord has a plan for each of us. That plan includes trials and hardships and helps us grow in faith and learn to put our trust in the Lord. I'm positive I won't be perfect at this probably ever, but it's helpful to be reminded of His love for His children and try to trust in Him continually.

No comments:

Post a Comment